Lanc & Tully is hiring a full time Survey Tech. The Survey Technician will assist the Project Manager with daily surveying tasks in the field and/or office. New and varied assignments may be made frequently requiring flexibility in travel, self- directed learning skills and heightened social interaction. Seeking detail oriented, upbeat, positive, ambitious personnel.
- Must be proficient with the set-up and operate of instrumentation required for the collection or layout of survey data in the field (includes RTK/GPS, robotic total stations, controllers/data collectors and automatic levels). Advanced knowledge of the calibration of survey equipment on a regular basis.
- Has advanced knowledge in the operation of controllers or data collectors including control initialization, GPS OPUS techniques, layout techniques (centerline and offset staking), curve staking intersections, radial stake out and basic error analysis.
- Transmits survey data to the proper files in the computer network and be able to acquire the data for field use. Able to send data to the office from remote locations.
- Must be proficient at reading plans and calculate centerlines, stationing, horizontal and vertical curve data, utility locations curb & gutter and curb returns.
- Perform construction staking activities including slope staking, utility offsets, streets and commercial lots.
- Is able to read survey plats and legal descriptions. Is experienced in the location of existing property corners.
- Prepare neat written field notes and daily records.
- Knowledge of survey safety and standard practices, per the LANC & TULLY Safety Manual.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Three years of experience in the surveying industry a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able and willing to frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lanc & Tully offers competitive compensation and benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
$23/hr – $31/hr